Watch the largest mammals on earth! ABSOLUTE ADVENTURE !!
For several years, Sri Lanka has been able to boast being the world’s top location to spot Blue Whales as well as Sperm Whales as they travel a long distance to warmer feeding grounds in the Bay of Bengal. Sperm Whales and Blue Whales are a common occurrence off the eastern coast of Trincomalee.
- The Indian Ocean can be a little bit choppy sometimes . If you tend to get sea sick, we advise you to take seasick pills 1 hour before getting on the boat
- The Team will give their best to spot one of the biggest mammals in the deep blue water, but please understand that there is no guarantee to see whales as wildlife cannot be planned.
What to see?
You can experience the largest mammals on earth in their natural habitat. With up to 100 feet long and upwards of 200 tons Blue whales are friendly giant whose diet composed nearly exclusively of tiny shrimplike animals called krill. The sperm whale is the largest of the toothed whales and can easily recognized by its massive head and prominent rounded forehead containing the largest brain of any creature known to have lived on Earth. From the boat you can often spot groups of spinner dolphins playing in the water.
When to go?
How long is the tour?
Meet the team at the Dive Center at 5:45 am and get ready to take the boat at 6 am just in front of the beach. You will be back at aprox. 8:15 am for a well deserved breakfast.
Most sightings occur between end of February and March as whales continue their migrations around the island. Sometimes you can also see them in April onwards. We have a team of experts to guide your around . Just contact us to get the latest insights.
What is included?
- Boat and Spotter
- Drinking Water and Biscuits
What to bring?
- Camera (GoPro Rental available!)
- per person price is US$ 200
What does it cost?
30 $ per person – min 3 pax
Per person US$ 200 Whale snorkeling