Explore corals, marine life and blacktip reef sharks
Pigeon Island National Park is one of the two marine national parks of Sri Lanka. The national park is situated 1 km off the coast of Nilaveli, a coastal town in Eastern Province, encompassing a total area of 471.429 hectares. The island’s name derives from the rock pigeon which has colonized it. The national park contains some of the best remaining coral reefs of Sri Lanka.
Sieh dir diesen Beitrag auf Instagram an
- Please do not stand on corals
- Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time
- The Indian Ocean can be a little bit choppy sometimes . If you tend to get sea sick, we advise you to take seasick pills 1 hour before getting on the boat
What to see?
You can experience living corals, colorful marine life such as Parot Fish, Lion Fish, Morray Reels, Cornetfish, Starfish, Moorish Idols and sometimes Blacktip Reaf Sharks and Turtles.
When to go?
The season on the east coast is from Mid February to October
How long is the tour?
You can start in the morning or in the afternoon. Expect to get 2 hours of snorkeling time.
What is included?
- Snorkeling Gear
- Drinking Water and Biscuits
What to bring?
- Swimming skills
- Camera (GoPro Rental available!)
What does it cost?
30 $ each – min 2 pax